Friday, August 01, 2008

my postage stamps

Here's a photo of my stamp collection.


I don't consider stamp collection my hobby, actually i'm not an avid collector. I don't even own a decent album to arrange them. They all end up in a small heart shape transparent plastic box. But, the thing is, when i see an envelope with a colourful postage stamp on it, i can't take my eyes off, i find it valuable enough not to let it end up in a trash bin.

I've collected a little more than a hundred, a few of them from other countries and the rest from India. Some of them are really (I mean, really) beautiful. Actually, i have a 'THING' for tiny yet pretty things, i've collected marbles & stickers. At one point, i even thought of collecting different kinds of pencils as well...y'know, the sparkling and glittering ones and all that :)

4 comments:

VaiVa said...

Lo khawl tang tang rawh... nakinah mite lehkha kan la thawn duh ang a, stamp hman tur hi a awm tawh lo ang a.
Entirnan, kan email suau suau ang a, chutih hunah chuan thil vang leh hlu ala ni ang! ha ha
just kidding!

nancy said...

@vaiva - hman nawn theih toh lauh. tian ka dahtha anga, ka pitar hunah chuan a hlu tawh ngot ang :)

Mizohican said...

Hahaha You remind me so much of my school days...

Keipawh stamp ka collect nasa thei lutuk calcutta a ka luh lai chuan. Mahse... ka collect ve dan chu a fair vaklo i ti mai thei...

For stamp collecting, we're actually supposed to make pen-pals with people from abroad and exchange letters...

Kei ve kha chu New Market ah, ka lei tawp zel, 50 pack, 100 pack, 150 pack tih vel in an zuar teuh a. hehehe... 1000 te chu ka nei tling hman hrim hrim ang :-D

nancy said...

@illusionaire : keichu ka la lei ve miah lo... i ta chu min lo pe la... :)i la neih chuan